Scientist II - Analytical Chemistry
We are looking for an Analytical Chemist to join our team. This person will report directly to our Director of Chemistry. Working closely with our Director of Engineering and Plant Director. This person will be responsible for analytical instrument maintenance and calibrations, method development and validation. Responsibilities may also include presentation and critical review of data, preparation of technical reports, and evaluation of new instrumentation and/ analytical techniques. This role will be based in Brooklyn, New York.
Ideal candidates will have a rich experience in analytical chemistry, including chromatography, spectrometer, etc. The right candidate must possess an acute attention to detail and be extremely meticulous to support this process.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The range for this role is $65,000-$75,000. Exact compensation may vary based on the market, experience, skills and technical expertise
- Perform analytical instrument maintenance and calibration.
- Lead analytical method development and validation.
- Participate in weekly project reviews with the project team.
- Work closely with the engineering and operation team on the analytical needs.
- Assist project leader in catalyst testing, operation and method optimization.
- Assist project leader to assure raw material purity and carry out QC.
- Assists in the development of SOPs as needed.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Promote team effort; Seeks technical advice and consultation with knowledgeable people throughout the NPA organization.
- Perform other duties and handle special projects as assigned.
- Complies with all safety, health, and regulatory standards.
- Bachelor's degree in material science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience in analytical chemistry.
- Familiar with safety protocols for handling hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to work proactively and independently with an eagerness to learn.
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to learn and use specialized software.
- Team player with a strong passion for fostering a safe collaborative work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as great listening skills
- Has an interest in sustainability, technology, science, cultural progress, and fast-paced, startup/growth stage environments