AIR COMPANY is the world’s leading carbon utilization company, creating consumer and industrial products from carbon dioxide (CO2). The company’s patented and proprietary Carbon Conversion Reactor mimics photosynthesis, using only air (CO2), water and sun (renewable energy) to create carbon-negative alcohols and fuels from CO2.
With three consumer products (AIR Vodka, AIR Hand Sanitizer, and AIR Eau de Parfum) brought to market thus far, AIR COMPANY is moving towards world-scale impact with its latest innovation – CO2-derived sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). The company’s AIRMADE SAF will be certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB) and the International Sustainability & Carbon Certification (ISCC). Amongst a number of accomplishments, AIR COMPANY has received $40MM in venture capital funding to date and won an incredible amount of highly acclaimed awards: TIME Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas, the NASA CO2 Conversion Challenge, R&D World’s R&D 100, and most recently, the Keeling Curve Prize, among others. AIR COMPANY is the future of carbon technologies. It is redefining what a regenerative future that works with nature, rather than against it, could look like.
We are looking for a Lab Technician to join our team. This role will report to our Lab Manager. This position will perform consumer ethanol distillation in our laboratory. The Lab Technician will also work closely with our operators at the Air Company on fuel sample distillation, as well as assist in catalyst preparation and reactor loading, under the guidance of a chemist. The Lab Technician will be responsible for conducting distillation processes, maintaining equipment, preparing samples, and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of laboratory results. This role is based in Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY
Ideal candidates will have previous experience working in a laboratory setting, preferably with experience in distillation processes. Familiarity with operating laboratory instruments, following protocols, and recording and analyzing data accurately is highly desirable
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The range for this role is $60,000-$85,000. Exact compensation may vary based on the market, experience, skills and technical expertise
- Perform ethanol distillation processes following established procedures and under the guidance of a chemist.
- Collaborate with operators to perform fuel sample distillation, ensuring accurate and reliable results.
- Assist in catalyst preparation and reactor loading, following established protocols and under the guidance of a chemist.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and ensure they are calibrated and operating properly.
- Prepare and analyze samples using various laboratory techniques and instruments.
- Record and report results accurately and in a timely manner.
- Follow safety guidelines and maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with equipment or processes as needed.
- Assist with inventory management, ordering supplies, and maintaining stock levels.
- Collaborate with the chemist and other team members to ensure smooth laboratory operations and achieve project goals.
- Associate's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field.
- Previous experience in a laboratory setting, preferably with experience in distillation processes.
- Strong understanding of chemical principles and laboratory techniques.
- Ability to follow protocols and work accurately with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures in a laboratory setting.
- Proficient in using laboratory instruments and software for data analysis.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new techniques and procedures.