We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Technology Manager to join our team. This role will report to the CTO & Co Founder. This position will provide oversight and execute on the development of proposals and funding applications and lead the writing and preparation of major proposals and funding applications working closely with senior leadership, chemists, engineers, and senior leadership to prepare resorts on funding and contracts. This role will bridge the gap between the technical team and business team and be responsible for answering any technical questions that arise.
Ideal candidates will have a strong background in CO2 utilization, proposal writing, and project management, and will have experience partnering with engineering and chemistry teams demonstrating the ability to translate technical information into language that can be communicated to non-technical stakeholders. This role is based in Brooklyn, NY.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The range for this role is $120,000-$150,000. Exact compensation may vary based on the market, experience, skills and technical expertise
- Provide oversight and execution on the development of proposals and funding applications
- Write and manage proposals and technical responses to external partners
- Work closely with chemists, engineers, and senior leadership to prepare and finalize proposals and funding applications
- Provide strategic guidance on the development of new technologies
- Collaborate with the business development team to identify new opportunities and partnerships
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners, including funders, partners, and collaborators
- Mentor and train junior proposal writers and provide guidance on best practices
- Bridge the gap between the technical team and business team to ensure clear communication
- Translate technical information into language that can be communicated to non-technical stakeholders, answering any technical questions that arise
- Collaborate with the technical team and business team to ensure all writing needs are met
- BS in chemical engineering, chemistry, or related field, PhD preferred
- 7+ years of experience in CO2 utilization or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing and technical report writing
- Experience managing technical teams and projects
- Knowledge of industry best practices and standards
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with external partners
- Experience working in a start-up or small company environment