Manager, Intellectual Property
We are seeking a Manager, Intellectual Property to join our team. This role will report to our CTO/Co-Founder. This position will be responsible for drafting and preparing patent applications, conducting thorough research, and collaborating with technical experts to gather necessary information . This role is based in Brooklyn, NY.
What you get to do
- Draft and prepare high-quality patent applications for AIR COMPANY technologies in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Conduct comprehensive research to understand the invention's technical aspects, prior art, and existing patents.
- Collaborate with inventors, attorneys, and technical experts to gather information and ensure accurate representation of the invention.
- Analyze technical information and complex concepts to develop clear and concise patent claims.
- Review and revise patent application drafts to ensure accuracy, clarity, and adherence to legal requirements.
- Assist in responding to office actions, examiner's objections, and other correspondence related to patent applications.
- Stay updated on patent laws, regulations, and best practices to ensure compliance and maximize the effectiveness of patent applications.
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific or engineering field.
- 5+ years’ experience in patent writing, drafting, or related roles, preferably in a law firm, corporate legal department, or intellectual property consultancy.
- Excellent research skills, with the ability to analyze technical information and prior art.
- Strong knowledge of patent laws, regulations, and procedures.
- Advanced degrees (Master's, J.D or Ph.D.) are preferred.
Salary Range: $120,000- $180,000
The approximate annual base compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Working at Air Company
In addition to standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- A people-first, climate solutions company driven to move society to a more sustainable future
- A unified team of climate optimists with an exceptional and diverse range of backgrounds
- Committed to fostering collaboration with a team that believes in the power of science and that business can be used as a force for good…
We also provide:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. 100% of paid premiums for employees.
- Flexible and generous paid time off, including national holidays and sick leave
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-Tax Income for MassTransit
- Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored company events and DEI social initiatives
- Catered meals